Saturday, September 15, 2007

Words from Aly's MTC letters

Well I'm here. I made it through the first day! My companion is nice. That was a relief. Her name is Sister Richardson and she is from Wyoming.

I can definately say that the MTC is like no other place. I like it though. Sundays here are incredible. Jam packed with studying, meetings, firesides,choir. It's great. Everyone says once you make it to Sunday you are golden. So I made it, woo..

Its funny because I had no idea that Senior missionaries came here too...but I guess that makes sense. They are all so sweet and cute. I love them.

The Elders in my district started a mail contest. Letters are 1 point and packages are 5 points so if you all could set a little time aside to write me or send packages it would really help me out.


Today we had to practice giving the first lesson to some Elders. It was harder than I thought! Suddenly I am grateful to go English speaking. I hear Elders walking around saying to themselves things like "shee saw waa" and I can't imagine trying to learn a language plus teaching. Crazy. So kudos to David & Libby.

Our purpose as missionaries: "is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end"

2 comments:

Amanda Jayne Dibb said...

What is the current point value of Sister Cain?

Anonymous said...

Well said.