Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Mission is a Popsicle

Time is flying by the longer I am out. I heard someone compare a mission to a popsicle... the first half is the hardest and the second half goes the fastest. And I can see that beginning to ring true, and I am not even half way. This week was a good one. There is a part member family in the ward, well a lot actually. But one that we have been visiting. They are really warming up to us. It is really neat to see. Then another part member family, the husband is less active and the wife is not a member. The husbands brother is in another ward, and is less active also. The elders in his ward are working with him. Anyway this week we have an appointment to go teach the wife and husband, and the brother wanted to be there. It was so exciting for us to hear! I cant wait to see how it goes. I am thrilled that she wants to learn and that the brothers want to start coming back to church. I have really come to realize the importance of coming to church on my mission. It is so important that we renew those covenants we made at baptism, and if we don't we wont reveive that wonderful promised blessing of always having His spirit to be with us. its genius! I went on exchanges yesterday up to the desert, and got to spend the day with Sister Rathgeber. She goes home in March. We had a lot of fun, and taught two member refferals the first lesson. The member was there and helped us teach. The spirit was incredibley strong. We committed both of them to baptism and they said yes. It was unbelieveably awesome. I hope all is well at home and you are all enjoying the snow! It is a beautiful 70 degrees today. :)

I love you all. Dont forget to write.

love me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aly,
Thanks for your great letter. I think you're making progress in your area. For the 19th, Dad gave me a copy of Preach My Gospel. I'm going to start studying it and try to actually learn more about the Gospel. Have a great day and remember that I love you. Mom

Hillary Corpuz said...

Hey Alyson-
Sounds like you are thriving in missionary land. I am super jealous of your weather, I miss St. George and AZ weather for sure. Colton comes home in 35 days, I have a counter on my blog. Keep up the good work, and the positivity! xo Hilly.