Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Miracle on Spring Valley Parkway.

Christmas time again! How is it that I have been a missionary for this long? Well, I am still here in Apple Valley, only Sister Rasmussen and Bowers are gone, and I have a greenie. Her name is Sister Harrison. She is from Colorado. She majored in music and plays the harp. She is doing really well and learning really quickly. I must say that training has been quite the humbling experience.

We had a plethora of miracles this past week. This lady Linda that has been coming to church started taking the lessons. She loves it so much that she wants them twice a week. I love it. She reads and reads and reads. On Sunday she brought two friends with her that want to learn too, and then last night she told us that she has another friend! Amazing. Then another member brought a friend to church, and on Monday we went to her house, just to visit. She asked us who Joseph Smith was. We taught her the first. She loved it. She is going to read, and come to church next week. Then in the singles ward a kid who is getting ready to go a mission brought his non member girlfriend to church and she wants to start learning. I cant even tell you how great this week has been. Heavenly Father is blessing us more than I could have ever imagined. After 20 weeks of hard work here we are starting to see the fruits of our labors so to speak. I am loving it.

We are so excited for Christmas. We have multiple caroling activities planned to spread the Christmas cheer. The Christmas spirit does a lot to people. They are much more open to hearing about the Gospel and about Jesus Christ. I love it. Our zone name this transfer is the Grinch zone with the theme of "and then the Grinch thought of something he had never thought of before" so we are doing are best to be creative in finding people to teach that we havent thought of before.

Things are absolutely wonderful here, and I am so excited to be able to talk to you all very soon!

I love you and Merry Christmas!

love Sister candycain.

No comments: