Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Greetings

Well I made it one week. It went by really slow at first but now it goes by really fast. I am getting to know my companion better, and we are having lots of fun. She is from New York, so if you can imagine she is loud, direct and blunt a lot of the time, but thats why I love her. She is an amazing teacher so I hope to learn a lot from her. She has been in Rialto for 4 months, so she thinks we will only be together for one transfer. That kind of bums me out, but I am trusting the Lord.

So Rialto...pretty much the most getto city of my mission. Our ward is way diverse and sooo loving. The members are amazing. I am getting to know them better and just love them more and more. Plus the investigators that we are working with right now... even more amazing. I love them. There is this couple Dave and Julee, and they have a son Donovan. Dave is black and Julee is white. They tell us the funniest stories about dirty looks black women give them for being a bi-racial couple. Hilarious. But they have really strong faith. Dave is on dialysis, and is having a hard time believing in prayer, plus he works nights at stater bros. He is manager and is really stressed, and doesnt like his co-workers. We told him the best way to love them is pray for them, and serve them. He didnt like that idea, but after promising him many times and telling him to use his faith that it would work. And he committed! woo.They are both working towards baptism. He has to wait awhile because of dialosis, but I just love them so much.Ok, well my time is running out. I love everyone and I hope all is well. I havent gotten any letters from anyone... I thought I had better friends than that. Bummer.
Well church is true, and I love it.

Pray for me and my investigators.

Love
Sister Cain.

1 comment:

Amanda Jayne Dibb said...

Aly-My friend Shannon grew up in Rialto--infact her parents still live there...maybe you will track into them on day!