Thursday, December 27, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Well transfers were the day after Christmas. I have mixed emotions about them. I was transferred to Rancho. I was sad to leave Rialto and Sister Bingham. I really loved it there, and had grown to love the people there so much. I felt really comfortable with the ward and the area. But maybe that is why I was moved. So now I am with Sister Hollingshead. She is super nice. She goes home in 3 months, so I think I will probably kill her here in Rancho. She is from a small town in NY, and is going to go to BYU Idaho to be an elementary School teacher... She will be good. Our apartment is pretty nice, and there are four of us living there Sister Poulsen and Sister Tonumiaepia too. It should be lots of fun. Today is p-day, and we are just going to laze around and recoop from Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, it was wonderful! We went to a members house in the morning for breakfast where we stuffed our faces with fresh fruit and eggs benedict. So good. I also opened presents over the phone with the family! So great. I was really happy to get a new red sweater and a skirt and some lotion and pictures. I have the best family. Sorry to those of you that arent in it. Then we spent the day visiting people and delivering goodies and presents (mostly re-gifting candy and lotions that the ward gave us. HA) Then we finished off the night by going to Kathleens house, a recent convert. She made this really big Christmas dinner with all sorts of southern soul food. We called home from her house. I talk to my family for a good 3 or 4 hours. Sister Bingham only wanted to talk for 2 hours...And then we watched Its a Wonderful Life, until it was curfew time. So overall it was a very splendid day. There was no snow though, so that was a bummer. The pictures of home will have to do I suppose. Thanks for all the cards and letters and money I received! It was much much appreciated.

I love you all and wish you a Happy New Year!!
Keep the letters and/or emails coming.

Love Sister Cain.

No comments: